Video/E-Book Книги по Delphi / Delphi Books

emailx45

Premium
Reaction score
Introduction to Docker
Jim McKeeth / 30/1/2020
[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,19,20]
This is an introduction to Docker for Delphi and C++Builder developers to get you ready for working with the new Docker support for RAD Server in 10.3.3 Rio.
First here is a replay of the Practical Introduction to Docker webinar by Malcolm Groves. It is over 2 hours long. Below you will find some shorter videos covering Docker Basics and specifically working with RAD Server and Docker.

This is the Basics of using Docker and connecting to it from Delphi to deploy a simple Hello World Delphi application into a Docker Linux instance.

A short introduction to deploying an FMXLinux application into a remote Docker container and accessing it through the browser as HTML5 via Broadway.

See DocWiki for the details on RAD Server Docker Deployment. You can find the RAD Server images on Docker hub and the source on GitHub.
There are more videos and details coming soon, so check back later.

https://embt.co/IntroToDocker
[/SHOWTOGROUPS]

Last edited:

FireWind

GOLD
Reaction score
Here my simple TEDIT sample for this, of course, is possible using a code more xpert like create a class to automatize all process, or same, use new functions/procedure on RAD Studio 10.3.3 Rio.
This is a bad way:
1. input "-123" and then to the first position "4" - you will get "4-123"
2. you cannot use ctrl+a or ctrl+c
3. and most importantly. from clipboard you can paste any text

emailx45

Premium
Reaction score
NumCPULib4Pascal
By Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe, August 7, 2019 in I made this
[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,19,20]
NumCPULib4Pascal is a Cross Platform Pascal library to query the number of CPUs (Logical (logical processors) and Physical (cores)) on a machine.

Usage: Add NumCPULib to uses clause:

Code:
uses
  NumCPULib;

var
  lcc, pcc: Int32;
begin
// count logical cpus (aka logical processors)
lcc := TNumCPULib.GetLogicalCPUCount();
// count physical cpus (aka cores)
pcc := TNumCPULib.GetPhysicalCPUCount();
end;

What is the difference between the existing System.CPUCount and NumCPULib4Pascal?
  1. System.CPUCount only reports the LogicalCPU Count (aka logical processors), it has no option to report the PhysicalCPU Count (cores).
  2. System.CPUCount will not report the correct value on windows systems with more than 64 logical processors. NumCPULib4Pascal fixes this by querying GetLogicalProcessorInformationEx on these OSes.
GitHub Repository
Xor-el/NumCPULib4Pascal

[/SHOWTOGROUPS]

Last edited:

FireWind

GOLD
Reaction score
Essential Delphi New Edition, the First Chapter
©Marco Cantu
As I mentioned two weeks ago, in the occasion of Delphi's 25th anniversary I decided to go back to the roots and publish a book introducing the Delphi IDE based on content of my old Mastering Delphi volumes with additional material covering more recent changes. The ebook is fully edited for version 10.3 of Delphi.
Notice that the focus in not on developers with many years of experience with Delphi, but mostly new and less experienced users. But I'm sure that even those with more confidence and knowledge will find features here and there that they are not aware of.
At this time I've completed the initial review of the first chapter and just started the second chapter:
Chapter 1: A Form is a Window
Chapter 2: Highlights of the Delphi IDE

[SHOWTOGROUPS=4,19,20]Download: http://www.marcocantu.com/edelphi/EssentialDelphi_1033_20200226.pdf

More details: https://community.idera.com/develop...ssential-delphi-new-edition-the-first-chapter[/SHOWTOGROUPS]

emailx45

Premium
Reaction score
New C++Builder YouTube video series - "Rapid C++ Development: Combining C++Builder with MSVC++"
David I - 9/3/2020
A new ten part YouTube video series, "Rapid C++ Development: Combining C++Builder with MSVC++" by Rob Swindell, covers some best practices for combining C++Builder with Microsoft Visual C++. In the video series Rob resents the following chapters:

Last edited: